MATEC Local Offices
University of Minnesota, School of Public Health
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health
1300 South Second Street, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55454
About: MATEC Minnesota/Iowa is housed at the University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health. Our site focuses on providing high quality professional education, training, workforce capacity building, and clinical quality improvement; and our training relationships extend over time and are centered on quality of care.
Our current funders include Health Services and Resources Administration (HRSA), and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), for projects in Iowa.
Ongoing Program Offerings:
- Triple Threat Series - Addressing the Syndemic of HIV, HCV, and Opioid/Other Drug Use in Minnesota. Contact Nicole Benson (email@example.com) for more information.
- HIV Intensive Nursing Review - 1.5 to 2 day long course providing a comprehensive HIV nursing review with free CE through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Contact Emily Petran (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Twin Cities AIDS Clinicians (TCAC) Meetings - A space for local HIV providers to gather and share information from national conferences, case studies, pharmaceuticals, and to network. Contact Emily Petran (email@example.com) for more information.
- Minnesota HIV Town Halls - Addressing the local HIV outbreak and learn from those doing frontline HIV outbreak response work. Contact Nicole Benson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Lifelong Learners Program - Occurring only in Iowa, this program is designed for front line physicians, physician assistants, nurses (RN and NP), and pharmacists who are interested in enhancing their capacity to provide HIV/AIDS care. The aim of the program is to support the professional development and lifelong learning of Iowa’s HIV workforce.
CONNECT WITH US
MATEC Regional Headquarters
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine
Department of Family and Community Medicine
1919 W. Taylor Street (MC779), 8th Floor
Chicago IL 60612