MATEC Local Offices
KC CARE Health Center
3515 Broadway Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64111
About: MATEC Missouri is housed at KC CARE Health Center, a FQHC in Kansas City, MO. Our site focuses on providing high quality professional education, training, workforce capacity building, and clinical quality improvement. We partner with a variety of local organizations, such as: Missouri Department of Health, Missouri Primary Care Association, and University of Missouri, to fulfill the needs of our healthcare professionals throughout the state.
Our current funders include Health Services and Resources Administration and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Ongoing Program Offerings:
- LGBTQ-Affirming Practices - This training will review current LGBTQ+ terminology, discuss the historical context of LGBTQ+ bias in health care, and strategies for practicing LGBTQ+-affirming behavior in the workplace. Contact Beeta Kashani-McCroy (email@example.com) for more information.
- Trauma Informed Care - This training will define trauma and the trauma-informed framework, and identify trauma-sensitive practices for participants to apply to their workplace settings. Contact Beeta Kashani-McCroy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Cultural Humility - Participants will be able to define cultural humility, compare the framework to cultural competence, and describe workplace applications of the four pillars of cultural humility. Contact Beeta Kashani-McCroy (email@example.com) for more information.
- PrEP/PEP for HIV Prevention - This training will review all HIV prevention tools and how they fit into the End the Epidemic plan, discuss who is eligible for PrEP, how to prescribe it, and address practical PrEP issues in clinic. Contact Beeta Kashani-McCroy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Opt-out HIV Testing - This training will identify rationale for routine HIV screening, outline steps for HIV screening and how to interpret results, and how to implement steps in the testing and linkage process. Contact Jessica Marsh (email@example.com) for more information.
- HIV 101 - Participants will learn to apply culturally humble practices to reduce HIV stigma, understand modes of transmission and risk factors for HIV, and discuss HIV prevention and treatment basics. Contact Beeta Kashani-McCroy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
CONNECT WITH US
MATEC Regional Headquarters
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine
Department of Family and Community Medicine
1919 W. Taylor Street (MC779), 8th Floor
Chicago IL 60612